Link Building has become the toughest part of SEO. Links coming from a guest post, blog comment, free directories, bookmarks, press releases, or something similar aren’t worth much as of now, as Google has flagged them as low-quality source of backlinks.
So how do you get quality backlinks to rank you higher in search results? Recently, I noticed Google Plus is giving websites high quality backlinks. That means you need to spend quality time on your Google Plus account to improve its authority and the overall page score.
Many of us do not know the fact that Google uses the Google Plus Feed to find fresh content for its search engine. If you keep sharing your content on Google Plus with attractive pictures and content, they are more likely to get indexed. Make sure that the content you publish on Google plus is worth being share by others. If many people are sharing your content, Google Plus might automatically change your article or post link to do-follow. So, keep building your authority on your Google Plus profile.
You should have good authority on your Google Plus profile. You can make multiple Google Plus pages within your account, so use them wisely to rank your keywords. Initially, I would recommend only one fan page per account, which can later spread to different accounts and pages.
Follow the below strategies to improve your site’s overall authority on your Google Plus page:
- You can build authority to your Google Plus profile by sending dofollow links from your WordPress account.
- Add a rel=author tag to your WordPress Author Bio, linking to your Google Plus profile. This way you can send dofollow links to your Google Plus page, and also qualify for the Google Authorship program.
- Write guest posts in other blogs with a link pointing to your Google Plus profile. Many bloggers do not allow you to send dofollow backlinks to your website, but will welcome a backlink to your Google Plus page.
- Leave helpful or inspiring comments on other blogs with a link pointing to your Google plus profile. Make sure to enter a valid comment, else your comment might be trashed immediately.
- Send a dofollow link to your Google Plus profile within the top of your blog sidebar. It is recommend to nofollow other social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. But, sending dofollow links from your homepage might send more authority to your Google+ account.
- Promote a page on other social media accounts. Though links coming from Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are not dofollow, I believe these links can increase your overall authority and followers in long run. Remember, building authority to your Google Plus is not an overnight job. You have to continuously build good backlinks to your Google Plus account so that you can link back any keywords you wish to rank.
How Do You Link Keywords with Google Plus?
Linking keywords within your Google plus account is not that difficult. You will need to login to your Google+ account and click on “Profile”, then “About”, then click on “Edit” under the “Story and Work” sections.
Once the window opens, enter the keywords you want to rank high for on Google. Make sure you don’t spam by entering in too many keywords. Send only 3 to 4 keywords in every 100 words of written content and the introduction section. You can edit this section whenever needed.
Many SEO communities have mentioned that “rel=nofollow” links pass valuable sets of link juice to your website. It really doesn’t matter from where you are getting a nofollow link, as long as it comes from a good source. Most SEO experts believe that sending nofollow links from social media accounts will boost up your keywords gradually. The Page Rank system in Google Plus was very handy when the profile links did not have a custom URL option. Now since custom URLs have become mandatory, many pages and profiles have lost their Page Rank and Authority. Since this cannot be recovered from, you need to start sending enough backlinks to your Google Plus profile pages to build up the lost authority.
Just keep sending good backlinks to your Google Plus pages and profiles, which will surely update by the next Page Rank refresh.
Continue to focus on building relationships with other bloggers and webmasters, so that you can reach out to your niche. Following influential people on Google plus will increase your knowledge on any field you wish to know about.
Remember to share high quality content on Google Plus, so that you are ready for your next article promotion. People on Google plus tend to share your content more than Facebook and Twitter. Don’t forget to share your content publicly, else you might miss the chance to reach out to the targeted audience.
Take-a-way: be active on Google Plus and build links naturally